Oops, Love Triangle! | P.S. I Still Love You


P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release date: May 26th, 2015
Genres: Romance, Contemporary, YA
Pages:  352
Source: Bought it
Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?


In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.
Review:
  Lara Jean and Peter Kavinsky were finally back in the second settlement of To All The Boys I've Loved Before. They got together again, but this time, it was for real. Things were smooth and great and honestly, I enjoyed this book more than the first one, if only a little bit. The story was cute and silly and the main character was such a stuck up girl, but I still liked it. In fact, I really enjoyed this book because I can completely relate to it, and Jenny Han had a perfect way of capturing a girl's mind who was in dilemma and trying so hard not to drown in humiliation.

Lara Jean was back to being the innocent and naive girl she was. But, this time she didn't only have her heart for Peter, but also for another guy. I couldn't help yelling at her to keep her mind straight and her heart for Peter throughout the whole book. I actually kind of liked her this time, what I couldn't stand was the fact that she was such a jealous brat. I mean, I know that she was Peter's girlfriend and all, but that at least she had to understand that Peter had other things to do other than please and be with her all the time.

As for Peter, I don't know what to describe him with. He was such a gentleman. He stood up for Lara Jean when she was humiliated in front of the whole class and that was totally sweet, he didn't even care the fact that he would have to go to the headmaster's office after that. That, my friends, is when you know a guy is totally into you.

My first thought for John Ambrose McClaren was that he was going to be such a party pooper. I mean, why did he have to come and ruin their relationship? But then, as I read more of this book, he started to grow on me because of his nice and easy-going demeanor. I still liked Peter better, though.

The other characters, such as Kitty, Margot, Chris, and Lucas had their own important parts in this book. Kitty didn't stop being the badass she was and Margot kept being the good big sister she was. Chris? Well, let's just say her antics started to grow on Lara Jean, as they were best friends. Lucas was adorable! He gave Lara Jean good pieces of advice and he actually was great to be around with. We also had some stories with Kitty trying to get their dad and neighbor (I forgot her name) together, and I just liked seeing her act all innocent and trying to be such a matchmaker.

And the ending.. Can we just talk about the ending?



All in all, P.S. I Still Love You was a good contemporary to read. It was sweet and full with captivating moments. Yes, it was a love triangle, but, let's be honest, we could see who she was going to end up with from miles away. If it was going to be a movie, it wouldn't be more than a sitcom or something. But, it would be a shame if you miss this charming sequel to To All The Boys I've Loved Before


My rating:  4 of 5 stars

Reviewed by Inas

No comments

Bonjour!
I'd be glad if you leave a comment here!
Say whatever you like! I don't bite!